SpeedNews has been the source for easy-to-read news and information for executives in the commercial, business, and military aviation industries since 1979.
> More about SpeedNews
Subscribe to our Newsletters
SpeedNews provides reliable news for professionals in the commercial, business and military aviation industries in a concise format. This easy to read and digest format provides quick-scan headlines allowing our subscribers to get important facts and utilize them immediately for their business plans and future developments.
SpeedNews is a valuable source of information for the aviation industry, including commercial aircraft orders and deliveries, program status reports, aircraft in storage and much more.
SpeedNews organizes eight conferences per year designed for senior-level decision makers and analysts. Each of these conferences provide you with an array of information pertaining to the aviation industry.
- 5/27/2015 - INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES GROUP agreed to acquire AER LINGUS via govt-supported cash offer of €2.55 per share (values airline at €1.4b).
- 5/26/2015 - VERITAS CAPITAL agreed to acquire US-based STANDARDAERO from Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE).
- 5/23/2015 - SIKORSKY AIRCRAFT made first flight of S-97 RAIDER helicopter.
- 5/22/2015 - EXELIS received shareholder approval to merge with HARRIS CORPORATION on May 29.
- 5/21/2015 - AZUL finalized order for 30 E195-E2s in $3.2b deal that includes purchase rights for 20 more.
- 5/20/2015 - GE AVIATION and WOODWARD formed joint venture to design/develop/source/supply/service fuel systems for GE90, GEnx, GE9X and future GE large commercial engines.
- 5/19/2015 - AIRBUS made first flight of LEAP-powered A320neo.
- 5/19/2015 - News from EBACE:
GULFSTREAM AEROSPACE completed first flight of PW800-powered G500.
QATAR EXECUTIVE finalized order for 30 G500s, G600s and G650ERs.
WHEELS UP ordered another 35 King Air 350i turboprops, and has now ordered 70 (31 delivered).
BOEING booked orders for a BBJ737 and a BBJ787-8 from separate unidentified customers.
AIRBUS launched the ACJ319neo and ACJ320neo, and booked first order from Farnborough-based ACROPOLIS AVIATION for an ACJ320neo for delivery in early 2020 to replace its ACJ319.
BOMBARDIER BUSINESS JETS named David M. Coleal as next President, succeeding Éric Martel; and retained Jean-Paul Pellissier to review company's supply chain.
Download SpeedNews' OnSite Briefing from MRO Americas 2015.
Connect With Us