SpeedNews has been the source for easy-to-read news and information for executives in the commercial, business, and military aviation industries since 1979.
> More about SpeedNews
Subscribe to our Newsletters
SpeedNews provides reliable news for professionals in the commercial, business and military aviation industries in a concise format. This easy to read and digest format provides quick-scan headlines allowing our subscribers to get important facts and utilize them immediately for their business plans and future developments.
SpeedNews is a valuable source of information for the aviation industry, including commercial aircraft orders and deliveries, program status reports, aircraft in storage and much more.
SpeedNews organizes seven conferences per year designed for senior-level decision makers and analysts. Each of these conferences provide you with an array of information pertaining to the aviation industry.
- 7/28/2014 - VIRGIN AMERICA filed registration statement with SEC for proposed IPO (date/size TBA).
- 7/25/2014 - AVIATION TECHNICAL SERVICES opened renovated 607,000 sq ft MRO facility at Kansas City International Airport and secured initial work from Hawaiian Airlines (heavy checks on two 767s) and Air Canada (787 modifications over next four years).
- 7/24/2014 - SWIFTAIR MD-83 (53190; built in 1996) crashed in Mali while operating on wet-lease for AIR ALGÉRIE on Burkina Faso-Algiers.
- 7/24/2014 - AIRBUS launched route proving tests with A350 (005) to 14 cities worldwide as last trials prior to type certification.
- 7/23/2014 - BOMBARDIER reorganized its Aerospace business unit into three segments to include BUSINESS AIRCRAFT (led by Eric Martel), COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT (led by Mike Arcamone) and AEROSTRUCTURES AND ENGINEERING SERVICES (TBA), and announced the retirement of Aerospace President/COO Guy Hachey.
- 7/23/2014 - TRANSASIA AIRWAYS ATR 72-500 (642; built in 2000) crashed while landing in bad weather at Magong Airport, Taiwan.
- 7/23/2014 - BOEING had $1.65b net income on $22.05b revenues in 2Q14 vs $1.09b on $21.82b in 2Q13. COMMERCIAL AIRPLANES earned $1.55b on $14.3b vs $1.45b on $13.6b, and has record $377b backlog.
- 7/22/2014 - HAWAIIAN AIRLINES signed MOU to convert existing order for six A350-800s to Trent 7000-powered A330-800neos.
SpeedNews is pleased to announce its 2nd Annual European Aerospace Raw Materials & Manufacturers Supply Chain Conference in conjunction with the SpeedNews 15th Annual Aviation Industry Suppliers Conference in Toulouse (AISCT-15).
Proceedings from the Farnborough Commercial Manufacturing Briefings held on July 16, 2014 are available for purchase. [More]
Connect With Us