SpeedNews has been the source for easy-to-read news and information for executives in the commercial, business, and military aviation industries since 1979.
> More about SpeedNews
Subscribe to our Newsletters
SpeedNews provides reliable news for professionals in the commercial, business and military aviation industries in a concise format. This easy to read and digest format provides quick-scan headlines allowing our subscribers to get important facts and utilize them immediately for their business plans and future developments.
SpeedNews is a valuable source of information for the aviation industry, including commercial aircraft orders and deliveries, program status reports, aircraft in storage and much more.
SpeedNews organizes six conferences per year designed for senior-level decision makers and analysts. Each of these conferences provide you with an array of information pertaining to the aviation industry.
- 5/20/2013 - BOMBARDIER AEROSPACE and NETJETS jointly launched 8-passenger Challenger 350 with HONEYWELL HTF7350 engines and ROCKWELL COLLINS Pro Line 21 avionics for delivery starting in 2014.
- 5/20/2013 - PPG completed previously announced acquisition of Southern California-based DEFT to enhance its aerospace coatings capabilities.
- 5/17/2013 - KELLSTROM COMMERCIAL AEROSPACE has acquired AIRLIANCE MATERIALS from Lufthansa Technik.
- 5/15/2013 - SOUTHWEST AIRLINES placed launch order for 30 737 MAX-7s for delivery starting in 2019, increasing BOEING 737 MAX orderbook to 1,315 aircraft.
- 5/14/2013 - BOEING resumed 787 deliveries with first aircraft going to ANA.
- 5/14/2013 - AIRBUS earned €456m on €9.2b revenues in 1Q13 vs €172m on €8b in 1Q12, and still expects to deliver 600-610 aircraft in 2013 vs 588 in 2012.
- 5/14/2013 - TURKISH AIRLINES finalized previously announced order for 40 737 MAX-8s, 10 737 MAX-9s and 20 737-800s.
- 5/13/2013 - AIRBUS rolled out first A350 XWB from paint hangar in Toulouse in preparation for first flight this summer.
SpeedNews is pleased to announce the launch of its European Aerospace Raw Materials & Manufacturers Supply Chain Conference, to be held in conjunction with the SpeedNews 14th Annual Aviation Industry Suppliers Conference in Toulouse (AISCT-14).
Will there be an early demise for 3rd Generation Narrowbodies?
By Fortune Aviation
There has been a lively discussion recently on the whether the economic useful life of a commercial aircraft is declining. Given the financial significance of useful life from an accounting perspective, any change to current policies should be carefully considered. Is there reason to consider a change?
Connect With Us