SpeedNews has been the source for easy-to-read news and information for executives in the commercial, business, and military aviation industries since 1979.
> More about SpeedNews
Subscribe to our Newsletters
SpeedNews provides reliable news for professionals in the commercial, business and military aviation industries in a concise format. This easy to read and digest format provides quick-scan headlines allowing our subscribers to get important facts and utilize them immediately for their business plans and future developments.
SpeedNews is a valuable source of information for the aviation industry, including commercial aircraft orders and deliveries, program status reports, aircraft in storage and much more.
SpeedNews organizes seven conferences per year designed for senior-level decision makers and analysts. Each of these conferences provide you with an array of information pertaining to the aviation industry.
- 7/31/2014 - ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS finalized orders for seven A320neos and 23 A321neos from AIRBUS and 20 777-9Xs, 14 787-9s and six 777-300ERs from BOEING.
- 7/30/2014 - AIRBUS GROUP recorded €696m net income on €14.55b revenues in 2Q14 vs €531m on €13.58b in 2Q13. AIRBUS earned €811m on €10.49b vs €632m on €9.34b a year ago, and still expects 2014 delivery totals to be about the same as 2013 (626).
- 7/30/2014 - BOEING says it plans to assemble 787-10s exclusively at North Charleston, SC.
- 7/29/2014 - AIRBUS terminated order with Japan's SKYMARK AIRLINES for six A380s, dropping A380 orderbook to approximately 180 aircraft.
- 7/28/2014 - VIRGIN AMERICA filed registration statement with SEC for proposed IPO (date/size TBA).
- 7/25/2014 - AVIATION TECHNICAL SERVICES opened renovated 607,000 sq ft MRO facility at Kansas City International Airport and secured initial work from Hawaiian Airlines (heavy checks on two 767s) and Air Canada (787 modifications over next four years).
- 7/24/2014 - SWIFTAIR MD-83 (53190; built in 1996) crashed in Mali while operating on wet-lease for AIR ALGÉRIE on Burkina Faso-Algiers.
- 7/24/2014 - AIRBUS launched route proving tests with A350 (005) to 14 cities worldwide as last trials prior to type certification.
SpeedNews is pleased to announce its 2nd Annual European Aerospace Raw Materials & Manufacturers Supply Chain Conference in conjunction with the SpeedNews 15th Annual Aviation Industry Suppliers Conference in Toulouse (AISCT-15).
Proceedings from the Farnborough Commercial Manufacturing Briefings held on July 16, 2014 are available for purchase. [More]
Connect With Us