SpeedNews has been the source for easy-to-read news and information for executives in the commercial, business, and military aviation industries since 1979.
> More about SpeedNews
Subscribe to our Newsletters
SpeedNews provides reliable news for professionals in the commercial, business and military aviation industries in a concise format. This easy to read and digest format provides quick-scan headlines allowing our subscribers to get important facts and utilize them immediately for their business plans and future developments.
SpeedNews is a valuable source of information for the aviation industry, including commercial aircraft orders and deliveries, program status reports, aircraft in storage and much more.
SpeedNews organizes seven conferences per year designed for senior-level decision makers and analysts. Each of these conferences provide you with an array of information pertaining to the aviation industry.
- 7/23/2014 - BOEING had $1.65b net income on $22.05b revenues in 2Q14 vs $1.09b on $21.82b in 2Q13. COMMERCIAL AIRPLANES earned $1.55b on $14.3b vs $1.45b on $13.6b, and has record $377b backlog.
- 7/23/2014 - TRANSASIA AIRWAYS ATR 72-500 (642; built in 2000) crashed while landing in bad weather at Magong Airport, Taiwan.
- 7/22/2014 - AIRBUS completed Maximum Energy Rejected Take-Off (MERTO) test of A350 (msn 001).
- 7/22/2014 - HAWAIIAN AIRLINES signed MOU to convert existing order for six A350-800s to Trent 7000-powered A330-800neos.
- 7/21/2014 - L-3 AVIATION PRODUCTS was selected by Embraer to supply its FA5003 Cockpit Voice and Data Recorder (CVDR) system as standard for all E-Jet E2s.
- 7/18/2014 - GE AVIATION earned $1.2b on $6.1b revenues in 2Q14 vs $1.07b on $5.3b in 2Q13.
- 7/17/2014 - MALAYSIA AIRLINES 777-200ER (28411; built in 1997) crashed in Ukraine en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur after being shot down by surface-to-air missile.
- 7/17/2014 - From Farnborough:
AIRBUS wrapped up the Farnborough Airshow with firm order commitments for 496 aircraft worth US$75.3b, including orders announced late Wednesday/early Thursday from TRANSAERO for eight A330ceos and 12 A330neos, AIR MAURITIUS for four A350s and HKAC for 70 A320neos. More
BOEING ended the Farnborough Airshow with firm order commitments for 201 aircraft worth US$40.2b, including orders announced late Wednesday/early Thursday from AIR ALGERIE for two 737NGs, QATAR AIRWAYS for 50 777-9Xs (previously announced) and four 777Fs, MG AVIATION for two 787s and HAINAN AIRLINES for 50 737 MAX-8s. More
GE AVIATION booked orders, commitments, and long-term service agreements worth US$36b at the Farnborough Airshow for a total of >1,100 engines, including $21.4b (1,062 engines) for CFM INTERNATIONAL.
EMBRAER delivered 58 aircraft (29 E-Jets/29 Executive Jets) in 2Q14 vs 51 (22 E-Jets/29 Executive Jets) in 2Q13. It delivered 92 in 1H14 vs 80 in 1H13.
GKN AEROSPACE is leading consortium of UK companies in 3.5-year, GBP13.4m Horizon (AM) program to develop additive manufacturing capability; program is backed by UK AEROSPACE TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE (ATI).
SATAIR was appointed by Ducommun as exclusive global distributor for certain GE90 and CFM56 cable assemblies.
TES AVIATION GROUP named Karl Gibson as Chief Operating Officer, Allen Jones as Chief Strategy Officer, and Russell Jones as Director of Asset Management.
SpeedNews is pleased to announce its 2nd Annual European Aerospace Raw Materials & Manufacturers Supply Chain Conference in conjunction with the SpeedNews 15th Annual Aviation Industry Suppliers Conference in Toulouse (AISCT-15).
Proceedings from the Farnborough Commercial Manufacturing Briefings held on July 16, 2014 are available for purchase. [More]
Connect With Us