SpeedNews has been the source for easy-to-read news and information for executives in the commercial, business, and military aviation industries since 1979.
> More about SpeedNews
Subscribe to our Newsletters
SpeedNews provides reliable news for professionals in the commercial, business and military aviation industries in a concise format. This easy to read and digest format provides quick-scan headlines allowing our subscribers to get important facts and utilize them immediately for their business plans and future developments.
SpeedNews is a valuable source of information for the aviation industry, including commercial aircraft orders and deliveries, program status reports, aircraft in storage and much more.
SpeedNews organizes seven conferences per year designed for senior-level decision makers and analysts. Each of these conferences provide you with an array of information pertaining to the aviation industry.
- 4/15/2014 - EMBRAER delivered 34 aircraft (14 E-Jets/20 Executive Jets) in 1Q14 vs 29 (17 E-Jets/12 Executive Jets) in 1Q13.
- 4/14/2014 - DELOITTE reports that global commercial aircraft manufacturers saw year-over-year increases of 8.9% in revenues and 16.3% in profits in 2013, and ended year with backlog of nearly eight years of production and revenues totaling nearly $105b.
- 4/12/2014 - PCX AEROSTRUCTURES was acquired from SPX Corp by RFE INVESTMENT PARTNERS and 24/6 CAPITAL PARTNERS. PCX produces complex parts made from hard alloys out of facilities in Newington, CT; Ronkonkoma, NY; and Farmingdale, NY.
- 4/10/2014 - LUFTHANSA TECHNIK is building new narrowbody maintenance facility on 3,900 acres at Rafael Hernández International Airport in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico to open in 2015.
- 4/9/2014 - BOMBARDIER AEROSPACE made first flight of the Learjet 85 out of Wichita.
- 4/9/2014 - AMERICAN converted firm orders for 30 A320neos for 2021-2022 to options, and exercised option to terminate existing lease financing arrangements for 62 A320 Family for delivery 1Q15-3Q17 in favor of purchasing aircraft outright.
- 4/8/2014 - Forecasts from MRO Americas:
TEAMSAI forecasts North American MRO market will grow 0.7% per year from estimated $17.7b in 2014 to $19b in 2024.
ICF SH&E forecasts North American MRO market will grow 1.4% per year from estimated $18.6b in 2013 to $21.4b in 2023.
AVIATION WEEK forecasts North American MRO market will drop 0.1% per year from estimated $17.1b in 2014 to $16.9b in 2023.
- 4/7/2014 - BOEING says based on current market trends and the timing of expected orders, it anticipates completing C-17 production in mid-2015, an adjustment of approximately three months from an initial estimate of late 2015.
SpeedNews is pleased to announce its 2nd Annual European Aerospace Raw Materials & Manufacturers Supply Chain Conference in conjunction with the SpeedNews 15th Annual Aviation Industry Suppliers Conference in Toulouse (AISCT-15).
Gilbert W. Speed: 1933-2014
"They copied all they could follow
but they couldn't copy my mind
so I left them sweating and stealing
a year and a half behind."
- Rudyard Kipling, The “Mary Gloster”, 1894
Gil Speed's Favorite Quote
Connect With Us