SpeedNews has been the source for easy-to-read news and information for executives in the commercial, business, and military aviation industries since 1979.
> More about SpeedNews
Subscribe to our Newsletters
SpeedNews provides reliable news for professionals in the commercial, business and military aviation industries in a concise format. This easy to read and digest format provides quick-scan headlines allowing our subscribers to get important facts and utilize them immediately for their business plans and future developments.
SpeedNews is a valuable source of information for the aviation industry, including commercial aircraft orders and deliveries, program status reports, aircraft in storage and much more.
SpeedNews organizes six conferences per year designed for senior-level decision makers and analysts. Each of these conferences provide you with an array of information pertaining to the aviation industry.
- 5/24/2013 - AIR CHINA agreed to order 60 A320s for delivery 2104-2020, and its subsidiary SHENZHEN AIRLINES another 40 for 2016-2020.
- 5/23/2013 - BOEING booked orders for six 777s from SWISS and 101 737s from unidentified customer(s).
- 5/22/2013 - ROLLS-ROYCE booked order from CIT Aerospace to supply Trent XWBs for 10 A350s and Trent 700s for 13 A330s.
- 5/21/2013 - SKYWEST ordered 100 E175s, including 40 firm for delivery in 2014-2015 in 76-pax configuration for operation as UNITED EXPRESS and 60 reconfirmable subject to finding airline partner, and optioned another 100.
- 5/20/2013 - PPG completed previously announced acquisition of Southern California-based DEFT to enhance its aerospace coatings capabilities.
- 5/20/2013 - BOMBARDIER AEROSPACE and NETJETS jointly launched 8-passenger Challenger 350 with HONEYWELL HTF7350 engines and ROCKWELL COLLINS Pro Line 21 avionics for delivery starting in 2014.
- 5/17/2013 - KELLSTROM COMMERCIAL AEROSPACE has acquired AIRLIANCE MATERIALS from Lufthansa Technik.
- 5/15/2013 - SOUTHWEST AIRLINES placed launch order for 30 737 MAX-7s for delivery starting in 2019, increasing BOEING 737 MAX orderbook to 1,315 aircraft.
SpeedNews is pleased to announce the launch of its European Aerospace Raw Materials & Manufacturers Supply Chain Conference, to be held in conjunction with the SpeedNews 14th Annual Aviation Industry Suppliers Conference in Toulouse (AISCT-14).
Will there be an early demise for 3rd Generation Narrowbodies?
By Fortune Aviation
There has been a lively discussion recently on the whether the economic useful life of a commercial aircraft is declining. Given the financial significance of useful life from an accounting perspective, any change to current policies should be carefully considered. Is there reason to consider a change?
Connect With Us